It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Spotting at MLA?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 pm 

Hi everyone

On the 7th of July I'm going on holiday to Malta for almost a week. I think I will spend one day at the Airport for spotting.
So on focusonflight.net are many users which are from Malta. So I wanna ask you, which are the best days to spot? Where is the best position? (I'm sure there are good sites on the internet but can you recommend a position?), is there a page, where you can see the military flights?
Thanks!

Kind regards

Nicola von Moos

Post subject: Re: Spotting at MLA?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 pm 

I can help you , i live in Malta not far away from the airport , with regards to military aircraft only if you are lucky non of them are based in Malta apart from the Maltese military aircraft and 2 Italian helicopters , we also have a small museum at a place called Ta`Qali that is open every day there is some old military aircraft it is not a big place
to-day we had 1 Belgium and 1 Dutch C130 we are also expecting 2 Typhoons in the very near future that will be on delivery to Saudi Air Force
we also get a few An12 and An124 from time to time we also have a DC8 with old engines parked at park 4 for the last 5 months , also on the other side of park 4 you will find a B720 and a BAC 1-11
you can also have a look at these 3 web sites http://www.maltairport.com/en/home.htm http://maltaspotting.com/ http://maltaspotting.blogspot.com/
with the maltairport.com if you go to the column on the right hand side down in the bottom you will find the Fortnightly Schedule but take not these change from time to time also some times they do not show Military aircraft or aircraft that are in transit to and from
if you want any more help from me leave your message and i will try and contact you
my name is Mark Camenzuli , i am also known as Burmarrad (Bur-mar-rad)
regards
M.A.Camenzuli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm 

Hi M.A. Camenzuli
Big Thanks for your helpfull reply! I really appreciate it.
I have just two question left: what is the registration of the B720? and is there a good position to catch the three stored "oldies"?

Kind regards

Nicola von Moos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:54 pm 

N720JR is the reg for the Boeing and all 3 of them are not that good for photos ,
i have tryed to get a photo the B720 but the only one that i have is when i used to live in the U.K. and got it landing at Heathrow
i would say try and get it when either when you are coming in to land or taking off from Malta