It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Pre-Screening Thread - CREW Reply ONLY!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:59 am 
Site Admin

It's a little high in the frame at the moment. Try aim for the fuselage to be sitting pretty much central in the frame, it should work for most aircraft taken from this angle. Brightening the shadows a little would probably help give it more detail and it's a bit jaggy along the training edge of the wing but I wouldn't have thought those two things would be cause for a rejection. It just really needs lowering in the frame a bit.

Hope that helps,

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm 

Thanks for the comments, Paul.

Below is another shot that I would appreciate your feed back on, before I upload it for screening.

A6-EML-IMG_7366-EditWM by Bala Vignesh Medha, on Flickr

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 pm 

Paul wrote:
It's a little high in the frame at the moment. Try aim for the fuselage to be sitting pretty much central in the frame, it should work for most aircraft taken from this angle. Brightening the shadows a little would probably help give it more detail and it's a bit jaggy along the training edge of the wing but I wouldn't have thought those two things would be cause for a rejection. It just really needs lowering in the frame a bit.

Hope that helps,

Paul

Paul,
Based on your above comments, I have only lowered the positioning of the bird slightly and have increased the overall brightness slightly, as seen below.
Any other thing I should correct before I upload for screening??

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

The Air-India A320 looks absolutely fine to me now, I can't really see a reason why it would be rejected unless there are dust spots lurking in there somewhere.

The EK 777 is quite dark at the moment, try brightening it so it looks similar to the A320 and it should be fine.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:42 pm 

Paul wrote:
Hi there,

The Air-India A320 looks absolutely fine to me now, I can't really see a reason why it would be rejected unless there are dust spots lurking in there somewhere.

The EK 777 is quite dark at the moment, try brightening it so it looks similar to the A320 and it should be fine.

Paul

Thanks again, Paul..
I have tweaked the EK's shot as per your suggestions.. Have increased the overall brightness of the picture, as seen below.
A6-EML-IMG_7366-Edit-2

Below is another shot of the same EK that I particularly like. Can i get your suggestions on that too.
A6-EML-IMG_7364

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 am 
Site Admin

The edited 777 (the first image in your last post) could still use a little more brightness and the shadows are a bit too heavy. If you look in our Tutorials section there's an explanation of the histogram which should hopefully help spot things like contrast/exposure issues.

The second EK is quite soft and lacking contrast but it should be fixable!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:44 pm 

Paul wrote:
The edited 777 (the first image in your last post) could still use a little more brightness and the shadows are a bit too heavy. If you look in our Tutorials section there's an explanation of the histogram which should hopefully help spot things like contrast/exposure issues.

The second EK is quite soft and lacking contrast but it should be fixable!

Paul

Thanks Paul, Have edited the images as per your suggestions, as seen below. Hope they are up to the mark..
A6-EML-IMG_7366-Edit-2

A6-EML-IMG_7364-EditWM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

The contrast on the side-on EK shot is better but could still be improved by following the guidelines in the Histogram tutorial, it isn't something that should cause a rejection although is a little oversharpened, and the second 45 degree angle EK is quite oversharpened as well.

What sharpening settings are you using?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm 

Paul wrote:
The contrast on the side-on EK shot is better but could still be improved by following the guidelines in the Histogram tutorial, it isn't something that should cause a rejection although is a little oversharpened, and the second 45 degree angle EK is quite oversharpened as well.

What sharpening settings are you using?

No specific settings as such, Paul.. What I generally do is apply a bit of sharpening in Lightroom where I process my RAW images and then sharpen as I feel appropriate after I have processed and resized the image in Photoshop CS.

In any case I have re-edited the image again. I have increased the contrast and slightly increased the brightness in the side on EK.. I have also reduced the sharpness in both the shots, as seen below. Awaiting your opinions.

A6-EML-IMG_7366-Edit-2

A6-EML-IMG_7364-EditWM.

Thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:37 pm 

Hello friends! The following composition is correct?

Thanks

Andres

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next