It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help WIth Rejections
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm 

Dear Paul Sir,

I got an Aero Logic shot rejected twice because it was over processed. In the 2nd edit, I had reduced the contrast, brightness and the exposure.

Here is the link to the 1st edit shot. http://images.focusonflight.net/2013/08 ... 289113.jpg

Please can you let me know where I'am going wrong interms of over editing.

Thanks and Regards,
Sreenivas.S

Attachments:
Aero Logic_2nd edit.jpg
Aero Logic_2nd edit.jpg [ 289.93 KiB | Viewed 3599 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

aerosreenivas wrote:
I got an Aero Logic shot rejected twice because it was over processed. In the 2nd edit, I had reduced the contrast, brightness and the exposure.

Hi Sreenivas,

The exposure is actually absolutely fine, the overprocessing is the fact there are light and dark halos visible around the aircraft. What steps are you taking when you edit? It's probably something in your workflow making them appear so it should be fairly easy to avoid once identified. :)

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:58 pm 

Hi Paul,

First of all, thanks for letting me know to post here regarding rejects.

I have this shot of SpiceJet rejected for Color. I would like to know what aspect of color looks wrong in this shot.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sriram,

Basically there's a strong blue cast and this is causing the image to look quite dull. If you look at the right side of the histogram you can see a little gap indicating the image can be brightened more, you can also see how much more the blue channel is shifted to the right than green and red:

Brightening isn't the answer though, correcting the colour is. This has had one small adjustment to lessen the blue cast (as you can see on the top 'Temperature' slider), and that one small adjustment has not only made the colour look more neutral but it's also meant the image is now actually slightly overexposed as the blue channel is brought down and red and green brought up:

Accurate colour is a huge part of accurate exposure when shooting digital, and sometimes colour correction will correct under or overexposure without needing to make any other adjustments. In this case try working from the original, correcting the colour and not pushing the contrast quite so much, the results should be much more balanced than your original upload. :)

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:53 pm 

Hi everyone

I have some Problems :roll:

First, i can't find the dust in the picture.

And the second, it must have more Contrast but i think it looks good :?

Cheers Mario

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mario,

The dust spots are here, they're not hugely obvious but are just visible unequalised on my screen:

There's also quite a strong blue cast which is actually more significant than the dust (which on it's own probably wouldn't cause a rejection). The right side here is more how the colour should look after correcting:

On the 777, it just needs more general contrast. You can see gaps at the end of the histogram here...

...Which close up after a small adjustment and the image looks a bit more bold:

A tutorial on the histogram can be found here:

http://fof.li/RvIqU

And a guide of how to use it to identify potential exposure problems can be found here:

http://fof.li/Vwx6h

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm 

Hello

I have a problem with a dust spot on one of my picture - i tried to fix the problem twice - but still not accepted. (Paul knows the problem, he asked me to upload here the "original" so the dust spot is still on the picture and i didn't tried to correct it in this picture)
it would be great if anybody can help me, how I can fix the dust-spot problem without make the picture worse than it is at the moment:

thanks for your help

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Raphael, thanks for posting this here.

Here's an equalised version of the image you've posted here in the forums with the dust spot circled. This spot isn't really visible under normal circumstances so may not actually cause a rejection on it's own:

Here are two versions of the image you uploaded where it seems you've tried to fix the spot, the only problem is in both there are clear traces of where a tool has been used to try get rid of it:

A badly fixed dust spot can be more of a problem than the dust spot was in the first place so it's important there be no trace if you remove them. Here's how it should look after fixing, with no evidence of anything being removed:

When fixing dust sots what software and tool are you using? They're usually pretty easy to get rid of if using an appropriate tool. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:48 pm 

Thanks Paul for your help. At the moment i'm working with Adobe Photoshop CS2!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm 

What do you mean with "colour" as reason of a rejection?

the problem occured with this picture:

thanks for your help...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next