It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Keeping all the information when the photo is rejected
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:08 pm 

Please Paul can you ask all the crew to start keeping all of the information even if the photo is rejected , by doing so this will help with re-uploading the picture a lot easier for me , thanks for all the hard work to you an your team , regards Mark

Post subject: Re: Keeping all the information when the photo is rejected
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

Exactly what information do you mean? Information like the comments?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 pm 

company name , type of aircraft , c/n , and all that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hi again Mark,

I don't think that's going to be possible to be honest. It's a good idea and I can see how it would help, but it would require a separate system that would need integrating into our standard screening system. We'd then need to figure out when to actually screen resubmissions as they wouldn't qualify for priority screening over other uploads in the queue.

Unfortunately re-edited images must be resubmitted in the standard way, but thanks for putting the idea forward.

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:59 pm 
Site Admin

Actually I think I may have the wrong end of the stick here! Do you mean when you manually enter information in the upload page? As in, you'd like to use the Autofill when you re-upload rather than entering the info again manually?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 am 

yes Paul that is what i was asking for ,i hope you can do that , regards Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the late reply, in between work and a cold from hell that kept me in bed for an entire day I haven't had much time on the site over the last few days.

With regard to saving info, our screening system is set up to automatically save anything entered manually when the image is accepted. This works very well because the first thing we (or I personally with my screening workflow) check is the image, then the info, then if everything's good I accept. As soon as the image is accepted the manually entered info is automatically added into the database without us needing to do anything. If there's something in the image that will cause a rejection then manually entered info isn't usually checked because the image isn't going to be added to the database at that point.

Adding manually entered info on an image that's going to be rejected means accessing the database directly and manually adding it. The only two people who can do that are Jordan and myself, so to answer your question directly I can't ask the crew to save info because they don't have direct access to the database. I do actually sometimes add info manually if I have the database access program open but in all truth it isn't something I always have the time to do. Myself and Jordan have discussed the possibility of having a function to add info to the database even if an image is going to be rejected and maybe it's something we can look at again in the near future.

Hope that helps!

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 pm 

it will help a lot hope that you guys put that in , in the very near future , thanks for your reply and all the work that you guys do on this F.on F.