It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stage Collapses At Pukkelpop Festival, Belgium
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all,

This is more a random mumbling than anything else, but I'm just sitting here before heading off to bed having a look through the news about the stage collapse at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium today. I work in music and have done many outdoor festivals around Europe over the summer in less than ideal weather conditions, and this is the second stage in recent weeks to have been brought down by bad weather. I was sitting at AMS only 5 days ago as news came through of a stage collapse in the States with the loss of 4 people, and now we have another with the loss of 3 people and dozens of injuries. These things kinda hit quite hard when it's something you work in and something that's close to you; in the countless hundreds of concerts I've done I've never even imagined something as horrendous as this might happen, and yet these poor people went to what should have been a great gig and it turned to tragedy in seconds. I know I'm rambling a bit here but I can't quite seem to get my words out right, I just wanted to say may those lost in these tragic accidents rest in peace and may their families and others affected somehow be okay and safe. My thoughts are with all of you. x

Paul